Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Basil Pesto Pasta

I dont like pesto that much before, dunno wat happened to me suddenly i started loving this herbs based sauces for pastas very much that too the basil pesto is my recent favourite. Eventhough we get tons of store bought pestos here, i love to make myself my pestos at home. Here comes an another interesting pesto which i picked from Martha Stewart space, i just loved this pesto,not only me my whole family suddenly became pesto lovers.

This basil pesto pasta is definitely a quick,simple,obviously very flavorful, very nutty and filling dish, you can prepare it in a jiffy and am sure everyone will definitely enjoy this super delicious pesto pasta.Sending to Flavors of Cuisines - Italian event guest hosted by me,event by Julie.


Basil Pesto:
2cups Fresh basil leaves
1/4cup Walnuts
2nos Garlic cloves
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil (as per need)

Bring boil two cups of salted water, drop the basil leaves,within few seconds drain them and let them cool completely.

Pat dry them completely.

In a food processor, take the nuts,basil leaves,garlic,salt,pepper,process until the nuts are finely chopped.

While the machine running, pour the oil and grind until smooth. Transfer the pesto to an air tighted box.

Basil pesto is ready.

For pasta:
2cups  Pasta (cooked)
Basil pesto (as per need)
Few grated cheese

Add enough pesto the cooked pasta and serve immediately topped with grated cheese.

Enjoy with some grilled meats or a simple omelette.

30 comments:

meena said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya,I really wonder what inspires you pl pass some of that to me too:)

Suja said... Reply To This Comment

looks delicious..

eshoboshoaahare.blogspot.in said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy Pasta... nice recipe..

Priya Anandakumar said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely Pasta, looks very delicious...

Sanoli Ghosh said... Reply To This Comment

Loved the flavor of basil pesto. Yummy and superb pasta. Would like to have now..

today's post:
http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/04/stir-fried-carrots.html

Laavanya said... Reply To This Comment

Pesto is my favorite... so easy and tasty. Tempting pasta dish.

Nithya said... Reply To This Comment

very tempting pasta.. You are inspiring me to try pasta recipes..

Asiya Omar said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy pasta,Thanks for sharing this simple basil pesto pasta.

Sharanya palanisshami said... Reply To This Comment

Tempting sis ............... I don't get basil here what to replace........

Shruti Dhingra Wahi said... Reply To This Comment

Pasta looks yummy :)
Priya, pls do participate in my event !!
Shruti Rasoi
Flavours of France Event

divya said... Reply To This Comment

mouth watering dish...looks awesome

Vimitha Durai said... Reply To This Comment

Flavorful and colorful pasta akka. loved the simplicity

Ivy said... Reply To This Comment

Love pesto and makes any pasta dish delicious!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Like like like like it priya.. I am the only one eat pasta at home and everytime i make big bowl to enjoy it... pass me some priya..

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

love basil pesto,your pasta looks so tempting priya...

Hamaree Rasoi said... Reply To This Comment

Pasta looks so inviting. Could I taste it as well :) ?

meena said... Reply To This Comment

tempting clicks.looks delicious.

Shella said... Reply To This Comment

I too love to make my own pesto. This is looking delucious

Usha said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely combination, looks delicious!

Shobha said... Reply To This Comment

My basil is growing in my kitchen garden.. just waithing to make my pesto sauce..

pepper bowl said... Reply To This Comment

Whenever I land on Your blog, you always surprises me with newer, yummier recipes! G8 job!!

AparnaRajeshkumar said... Reply To This Comment

pesto is good :) just wondering about the cheese :)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy pasta.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Basil and walnuts, yummy pesto.

Revathi Ramkumar said... Reply To This Comment

Delicious one...basil is my all time fav

Rafeeda AR said... Reply To This Comment

so simple and easy... lol to the comment of meena on the top... i said in the same boat!!! :D

Jayanthy Kumaran said... Reply To This Comment

very interesting healthy recipe priya..love this
Tasty Appetite

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

This pesto looks yummy! thanks for the recipe Priya.

Chitra said... Reply To This Comment

looks delicious ..

turmericnspice said... Reply To This Comment

nicely done !